Today's episode is a solo episode all about getting started with counting macros & flexible dieting.
The premise behind this way of eating is...
Instead of only eating certain 'good' or 'clean' foods and excluding everything else, which can lead to binging and massive weight regain post diet, you eat much of what you like.
You target specific macronutrient (protein, carb, fat) intakes, but your food choices are more flexible.
Personally, I love ice cream. Instead of having a crazy cheat day...when I get a craving, I simply have a single serving, satisfy my craving, and account for it in my macronutrient intake.
No 'cheat' mentality. No binge. No feeling guilty afterward. No impulse to drag myself to the treadmill to do extra cardio for the "bad" foods.
In today's episode, we cover:
- Do calories matter?
- How to calculate your macros
- The 4 tools you'll need to successfully flexible diet
- Figuring out your maintenance calories
- How to plan out your day to hit your macro goals
- My top tips for mastering macros
- The best high volume carbs to use when dieting
- Time saving tips when tracking
Links mentioned in today's episode:
- Calculating macros: https://www.thedietdoc.com/the-macro-doc
- The ultimate guide to flexible dieting: https://angelahauck.com/shop-team-ange-gear/the-ultimate-guide-to-flexible-dieting