0081 - Interview with DENISE BRADY: DEVELOPING GRIT + PERSEVERANCE to PUSH your BODY to its FULL POTENTIAL plus HOW to MAKE FITNESS A PRIORITY while RAISING A FAMILY
Denise Brady is a 36 year old mama of 2 young boys. She's a Registered Respiratory Therapist and an AVID runner both trail and road.
This inspirational woman ran her first half marathon when her oldest was only 6 months old. Since then, Denise has ran 5 road marathons including 2 Boston Marathons (2018 and 2019) plus 2 x 50k trail Ultramarathons and many more shorter distance races.
Denise is part of an all women's trail relay team called the Wild Bruce Chase that holds the fastest known time for an all women team completing the Bruce Trail (2016), the Rideau Trail (2017), The Ganaraska Trail (2018) and the Grand Valley Trail. All were completed non-stop end to end, relay style.
She is a huge supporter of women leading active lifestyles & lives by the personal motto: You can have results or you can have excuses, but you can't have both. Her goal is to be an example to her children and other moms that you can have your cake and eat it too. It’s all about balance, but you don't need to sacrifice your personal goals or who you are in order to raise a family.
In today's podcast episode:
- How Denise got into running even though she wasn't always a good runner
- How to develop GRIT + PERSEVERANCE to push through the challenges
- How to get started & get better with RUNNING
- What Denise eats to FUEL long-distance runs
- TIPS to make fitness a priority, especially while raising family
- TIME SAVING TIPS to juggle fitness & meal prep
- How to get your KIDS INVOLVED with your FITNESS JOURNEY
Connect with DENISE on INSTAGRAM @scorpionwoman