March 29, 2018
Courtney Dales is a small town girl from Kincardine, Ontario. She is currently finishing up her diploma in Fitness & Health Promotion at Fanshawe College. Courtney is a hairstylist & makeup artist, and also very excited to be expecting her first baby! Her baby girl is due July and she couldn’t be more excited to be a mom!
Back in 2015, Courtney began her fitness journey when she started working with Ange. She competed in a UFE fitness competition in October 2016, and since then her main focus has shifted to intuitively eating and loving her body at every stage. Being pregnant has helped Courtney overcome negative body issues and now her goal is to help other women learn to love themselves!
In today's episode...
- Using food for "comfort"
- How one comment can permanently scar your self-image
- Yo-yo dieting
- Getting over the mental hurdle & anxiety of going to the gym for the first time
- How competition prep affects your perception of your body & other people's perceptions about you
- Post-show struggles with binge eating & secretive eating
- Struggling to find true self-love
- How pregnancy changed everything
- How to transition from flexible dieting to intiutive eating
- Strategies to overcome binge eating
Connect with COURTNEY on INSTAGRAM: @courtneyldales